Thursday, June 28, 2012

Photo Number 920

This is a photo from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Wedding Group Late 1940 Casselton ND DL Antiques

The women are dressed so much alike it is hard to tell who the bride is..they could have switched places..perhaps it was a double wedding day.

I think that this photo was taken in the late 1940’s.  After WWII  women went back to gowns for their wedding attire.

My Dad had a suit very much like these men, a double breasted pin stripe..my Dad’s suit was brown.  He wore it to several weddings as the best man in the late 1940’s.

The men in the photos show their personality with their wild ties!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was a double wedding. They were very common in this area during that era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a double wedding. The couples would be together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if it was a double wedding, but they took pictures, then traded places so that each couple would have a snap of their wedding? They both look like brides to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The men are very handsome - remind me of Paul Drake on the old Perry Mason shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bride is second from the left, with the larger bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that art-deco photo mat too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet a buck or two this photograph was taken about 1938. And I, too, am quite sure both ladies are brides [maids or matrons of honor rarely have worn veils] -- but I would not call this a double wedding photo. In a double wedding photo both brides would be with their husbands. In this case, each couple probably "stood up" for the other and, as suggested by Cheryl, each couple then had their own wedding photo taken with the other couple as attendants. So this photo most likely was one of a pair of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie