Friday, June 8, 2012

Photo Number 900

This is a Cabinet Card from the antique shop in Grand Forks North Dakota.  It was a gift from my daughter Jen.   She knows I like the wedding photos!

Cabinet Card from Jen Grand Forks Antique mall

This bride and groom are almost sitting “doll like” in their respective chairs.  The bride has a corsage and there are also flowers on the table, she is wearing a white gown, it has very tight sleeves and is trimmed with some extra lace that accentuates the top of her dress and the top of her sleeves.  The groom has a boutonniere and is wearing a three piece suit with a white bowtie.  She is sporting a ring..but he is not.

This cabinet card has scalloped edges which usually means it is from the 1890’s.  Demner is the photographer from Creighton Neb.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

5 comments:

  1. Very unique photo. I've never seen a wedding photo with both bride and groom seated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Work

    Cheers from Portugal

    I also have a photoblog, you´re welcome to see, comment, like and share :)

    https://www.facebook.com/PaxPhotos

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if I were the photographer I would have put the bride in the chair on the left. It has no arms and wouldn't hide her dress. What an unusual pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my Dad's people are from Creighton--a most tiny town! I'm very surprised to see it pop up here! Would it be possible for me to get this picture so I can send it to my great-uncle? He is 90, so he might recognize them if he knew them.

    Creighton is in Knox County, NE. It's in the northwest corner of the state. It was originally the home of the Ponca Indians, until Germans and Czechs moved in in the 1870s. They were known for raising corn and hogs! My email address is wenke.witt at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you a copy of the photo..let me know what your Uncle thinks.:)

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie