Friday, June 22, 2012

Photo 914

This is a photo from the Antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Wedding Lauritson Valley City Photog DLAntiques

The photographer was Lauritson in Valley City N.D.  I  really appreciated not only the photo but the folder that shows off this photo.  It is very elegant.

Wedding Lauritson Valley City Photog DLAntiques

The bride’s gown is trimmed with sparkles, he veil is unusual and may be a one of a kind creation. I am not sure if she is wearing earrings or not..there is something seriously dangly that is either earrings or a part of her veil.

This wedding photograph must have been taken in the 1920’s.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture,the frame is also very good-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details on that frame! Is it just me, or does that bride look way younger than the groom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell if those are ribbons from the veil/bonnet or earrings. She does seem young for him. His eyes look blue and hers look very dark. I wonder what their children looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are ribbons. I'm thinking the bonnet was gathered by the ribbons to fit the head better. Beautiful. Yes, he looks much older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I noticed the dangles too, but can't make out what they are :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie