Saturday, December 24, 2011

Photo Number 746

Finally some Christmas photos! This snapshot is from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Christmas 1949 DL Antiques

This one is marked on the back Christmas 1949.  They must have gotten a new grandchild..the baby looks to be about a month old.

I think the gentleman must have been some kind of a clerk or perhaps a bank teller..he has one of those elastic bands just above his elbow.  The wall paper is as wild as the woman’s dress.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. The fellow does look a might uncomfortable with that little bundle in his lap! His wife(?) looks a bit nervous too! LOL!

    Merry Christmas Farside! Thanks for this years wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot!---brings back memories....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if they are in fact the Great Grand parents? We tend to think people in there 60s-70s are Grandparents of new borns,, but I have 3 grandchildren, the first came when I was 38, I'm close to 45 and have several more now, and I know those people i the photograph have a good 10 to 15 years in apperance on me. they look more like my folks ,who are pushing 65.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be great grandparents..perhaps someone will recognize the photo someday! :)

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie