Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Photo Number 742

Another snowy photo!  We have very little snow here in Minnesota..it will be a brown Christmas..I hope we get some frost!

Winter Photo Man near snowbank

I bet he didn’t shovel that sidewalk.  It looks like he is ready to go plug his car in or put up some Christmas lights outdoors.  ( Cars up here in the North..have engine heaters in them..and you can plug your car in during extremely cold weather to help it start.)

This photo seems to have been taken in a very small town. Three buildings off to the left and what looks like a Grain Elevator off to the right. I think this photo was taken in the 1940’s or the 1950’s.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

2 comments:

  1. Snappy dresser - I hope plugging in the car (if that is what he is doing) didn't mess up his clothes!

    You could have a category of "totally inscrutable photos". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get over that concept of plugging in the car! The first time I heard of it was when my mother moved to MN in the 1980s for a teaching job. I grew up in NY and thought that was cold enough! I just howled with laughter when she told me about that. Couldn't get that picture out of my mind. Inconceivable to me! But that's just the way things are when you get that much snow!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie