Monday, December 12, 2011

Photo Number 734

We will be looking at some snowy old photos for awhile to get us in the mood for Christmas.  I have a few old Christmas photos..but they were few and far between this past year.

Model A bus two

Model A bus

This is the bus between Ada and Crookston making two trips a day.

My Dad identified this as a Model A Bus.

I wrote about this photo before on my other blog.  A bus still travels between the two towns.

Ada and Crookston are two towns in Northern Minnesota..not too far from where I live.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I remembered this photo!

    :) I can't imagine all that snow! I wonder if those school kids ever got a "snow day" off - last year they cancelled school here because of a forecast for snow (and it never did snow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious: do you have any idea how the roads were plowed and the snow piled on the side?

    My uncle in South Dakota was hired by the State to plow the highway to the state line (about 10 miles). He used a team of horses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that's a lot of snow. I can't even imagine attempting those roads. Fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to those snow pictures! Around here where I live now, that'll be the only way I get to have a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy..there were teams of horses and teams of snow shovelers that cleared the roads. I have an old photo of a family members driving a primative snowplow..flanked with relatives with shovels. I will post it on Wednesday if I can round up the photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this photo. I have seen sights like this when I was a kid when they would blow out a trough of snow and leave the sides tall and threatening.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie