Thursday, December 8, 2011

Photo Number 730

This is a photo from The Tin Ceiling in Park Rapids, Minnesota.  They save old photos for me to look at and I go in every so often to look them over.

Car may be a Ford Arrow Photo Service Mpls MN Tin Ceiling

My Dad said that this car may be a Ford.   The photo is stamped on the back Arrow Photo Service Minneapolis Minn. A family group posed near a car.  I think they took photos of the relatives coming and going outdoors because they did not need a flash.  The purpose of this visit just might be that almost new baby.

Lately I seem to be getting more of these photos that have a fancy black border.  They seem to be from the 1930’s to the 1940’s.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of car!

    I think your Dad is right - it looks like a circa 1938 Ford 4 Door Sedan-5.

    http://myclassicdreamcars.com/streetrods/1938-ford-4-door-sedan/1938-ford-4-door-sedan-6/ note all the "extra windows"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have a couple hundred of these photos I just found that must have belonged to a relative. This is all I could find online about the Arrow photo service, and all mine are numbered as well. I'd love more information on how to date them if you know of anything. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing to do is to study the clothing and you may be able to come up with a in the ballpark date:)

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie