Sunday, June 18, 2017

Photo Number 2628

This is a Real Photo Postcard from the anatique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.
Mathilde is married DL ant
The back of the postcard is quite informative.  The photographer was Pasonault in Williston ND
Mathilde is married DL ant back
Dear Hattie: Will send you in returne for your wedding picture wich I got one of mine.  Should write you a letter but I am kind of busy these days as we have not settled down yet But are working for others My (H) is a carpenter and we now be Building a house for a farmer.  I am the hired girl and am cooking for 5 men the Mrs and two children and myself, so I am pretty busy and then it is so hot now days you don’t fell like doing any thing.  How are the crops down your way?  They look a fright here and I think every thing is going to dry out But it might not be so bad after all.

On the side it says:
Goodby from Mathilde S is now Mrs. Gunder Kvande Bonetraill N Dak
This is a Azo Postcard that was used from  1904 –1918.
Thanks for stopping by.
Update from Iggy:
Mathilda Henrietta Sandacker Nov 28 1898 Bontraill County -December 24 1977 Williams ND
Her father was Peter Thorvald Hansen Sandaker and Mother Thea Serina Pikop
On June 14 1917 she married Gunnar Kvande Andress Together they had many children: Trygva, Malinda,Clarence,Helen, Bernice,Florence,Alvin,Gordon,Erling,Selmer and Verna Mae

10 comments:

  1. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://nordvikslekt.no/TNG/familygroup.php?familyID=F6077&tree=tree1&prev=search

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a blank page at that link :(

      Delete
    2. http://nordvikslekt.no/TNG/familygroup.php?familyID=F6077&tree=tree1&prev=search

      Delete
    3. Mathilda Henrietta Sandacker Nov 28 1898 Bontraill County -December 24 1977 Williams ND
      Her father was Peter Thorvald Hansen Sandaker and Mother Thea Serina Pikop
      On June 14 1917 she married Gunnar Kvande Andress Together they had many children: Trygva, Malinda,Clarence,Helen, Bernice,Florence,Alvin,Gordon,Erling,Selmer and Verna Mae

      Delete
  2. I love the chatty message and tone on the back of the photo. It gives the image character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Gunder Kvande born Sept 20 1888 and died March 2 1970 In the same cemetery Freeborn Lutheran Cemetery Stanwood Washington I found Gertie Kvande April 10 1887 and died December 14 1964

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my great-grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my relation! Gunnar Kvande was my great grandfather... so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a picture of my Grandma & Grandpa Kvande. My father, Clarence, is one of their two children
    that are still living. He is living in Billings, MT near me. It is exciting to see this. Thanks, Sissel Kvande Goldberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact me by email found in my profile if you would like this photo. Just click on the yellow flower to get to my profile.

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie