Saturday, June 3, 2017

Photo Number 2613

This is a Cabinet Card from the antique shop in Crosby Minnesota.

Ruffles Wedding unknown Crosby ant

Wold, Rogan & Co  of Willmar, Atwater and Clarah City Minnesota were the photographers.

I think this photo dates from right around 1900.

Ruffles Wedding unknown Crosby ant

The brides dress is unusual, it has ruffles all around the bottom, the jacket of the gown apprears to have a peblum of sorts and the jacket has many ruffles down the front.  A flowery fabric appears near the ruffles on the bodice.  The bride carries a fan in her gloved hand and has a bridal bonnet trimmed in ivy and flowers.  The Groom  wears a simple boutineer in his lapel and sports a white bow tie.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I keep coming back to this photo---something about that groom's eyes is hauntingly familiar. I work out in this part of the state and I can't help but wonder if I know an ancestor of this groom. Wish I could place who I think he looks like. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie