This is a photo from the antique shop in Laporte Minnesota.
The photographer was J Johnson in Detroit Minn. Detroit was lengthened to Detroit Lakes in about 1926. There was too much confusion between Detroit Minnesota and Detroit Michigan.
“It was not until 1926 that the townspeople voted to rename their municipality “Detroit Lakes”—many residents were tired of their mail and parcels being sent to the bigger and better known Detroit to the east.”
So Luella and Loren were born before 1926….unless the photographer was using up old cardstock.
The Minnesota Historical Society has John Johnson in business in Detroit Lakes in 1902. They also say he worked until the 1940’s.
Thanks for stopping by.