Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Full Circle 149

This Full Circle began when Iggy found a blog for this family!  I contacted the blogger and mailed the photo off.

Anna Huseby Pequot Lakes ant Number 2299

Anna Huseby Photo Number 2299

I heard from Mark a relative:

"Anna Huseby was born 20 Jul 1870 in Winneshiek Co., the daughter of Arne Johansen Huseby and Johanna Margrete Johannesen. She married Anton Erickson 15 Dec 1896 at Big Canoe Lutheran Church in rural Winneshiek Co. Anton, the son of Jens and Ingeborg (Hanson) Erickson Ness, was born 8 May 1859 at Washington Prairie in Winneshiek Co. Anna and Anton lived in Decorah and later moved to North Dakota. They moved back to Decorah and then moved to Spokane, WA where they remained for the rest of their lives. Anton was 84 when he died at Spokane on 25 Oct 1943. Anna died at Medical Lake in Spokane County on 23 Jan 1946 at the age of 75. They were the parents of 4 boys: Jesse Arthur (1897-1970), George Irving (1900-1983), Arnold Milton (1907-1995), and Wilbert Alvin (1910-1992)."

Your readers might also like the picture of the whole family that I have attached. I was given permission to use it and I'm sure it it is fine if you use it also, though please give credit to Bill Waters and the IAGenWeb Project. The boys in the back are George and Jesse. I believe the ones in the front center are Wilbert and Arnold, though I am not 100% sure.
Thanks, Mark

Anton Erickson family

Anna Huseby Erickson  her husband and sons.

Photo used with permission…Bill Waters and the IA Gen Web Project

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful that this has found its way to some loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehaw!!! I like that family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, Connie, for your generosity and for what you do. The blog for the Huseby family is based on my mother's genealogical research and is located at: http://husebybook.blogspot.com. I am guessing from the age of the youngest boys in the family photo above that it was taken c. 1915. Anna is my 2x great aunt, and I have hopes of being able to find some direct descendants of hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I write a family blog also and would be thrilled with old photos!

      Delete
  4. So glad to see another Full Circle! Hooray!

    However, since the time you posted that photo, this is weird, but...I just completed work on another line in my mother in law's family...when I read today that this Huseby family was from Winneshiek County--I'm presuming you mean in Iowa, not Minnesota--I just had added another line to my tree that included a marriage with a Huseby family, with a move to Minnesota. I can't find any connection with Anne Huseby Erickson from the information given, but I'm sure there must have been some connection--unless Huseby is like Smith in Norwegian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connections! Yes Winneshiek County is in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqui Stevens, hi. I was just circling back on this and noticed your post of July 28, 2016. If you have some more information on some of your Husebys in Minnesota, I can check to see if I can find anything. I recall when I was researching this family that there were some in Minnesota, but I need a little more to go on. If you see this, email me at voxdoc@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie