Sunday, February 24, 2013

Photo Number 1146

This is a Cabinet Card from the antique shop in Grand Rapids Minnesota. Funeral Flowers Grand Rapids

The flowers in the shape of an anchor symbolized that the departed waits safely in heaven.   Not a floral shape that you see in funeral flowers anymore.  However I discovered that some florists will make them up for you.

Geo Kraft was a photographer in Minnesota at 319 7th St.  St. Paul from 1890 to 1899.

Funeral Flowers Grand Rapids

The young lady that died had some beautiful flowers…roses, lilies and tulips.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:) 

5 comments:

  1. So very touching - I'm surprised the anchor isn't really used in funeral flowers any longer, I like the symbolism.

    I think you might light the old photos included in the blog post I shared today!

    http://beautifulclutter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bloodlines.html

    Jem

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very unique memorial photo card, beautiful although the woman's photo was rather small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How touching. The flowers were beautiful as was the woman. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm laughing at myself, just opened a box of photos I bought on eBay that have been sitting here all week and I one of the first ones I pulled out was quite similar to this one. I guess I just never noticed these before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never knew that about the anchor. And here I was, thinking it had something to do with the Navy. What was I thinking?! Sweet meaning...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie