Friday, February 15, 2013

Photo Number 1137

This is a photo from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Jo Hannes Jager Grandfather and Grandmother Jager DL Antiques

A lace trimmed gown with slightly puffy sleeves and pleats on the shoulders.  She wears earrings and a brooch.  He wears what looks to be a heavy wool suit and a cap that has some detail on the top.

Jo Hannes Jager Grandfather and Grandmother Jager DL Antiques 

Jo Hannes Jager Grandfather and Grandmother Jager DL Antiques back

Jo Hannes Jager (Grandfather

Grandmother Jager

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the man's cap. I've never seen one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have been away for far too long! The background of this shot appears to be the tender of a steam locomotive (or perhaps some other rail car) - and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if the hat was that of an engineer's or train-worker's.

    I don't know the rough date of the photo - but this could be Johannes F. Jager (Birth: Sep. 25, 1888 - Death: May 19, 1971) and his wife - they lived in nearby (to Detroit Lakes) Buffalo, Cass County, North Dakota) in which a railroad ran from Fargo (and then on to Minneapolis).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you back! I have a friend with this last name..I hoped it was his relative, no luck. I will see if I can locate anymore info:)

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie