Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Photo Number 1128

We will continue on this week and look at some people with hats.

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Rust hat Postcard

She wrote on the back of the photo.

Rust hat two

at the side of Bishopthorpe in front of a hedge.  How do you like my hat?  Notice I’m wearing that rust knit-?  I finally squeezed myself into it.

Too bad she didn’t tell us what her name was.   I think Bishopthorpe is in the UK.  So she could have been visiting or studying abroad.

I will guess this is from the early 1930’s.  The skirt seems a bit long but if she were a foreign gal..1933 might be about right. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. I find her very pretty and well put together. But her shoes and nylons make her legs look a bit old for such a young person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful outfit! Would also say it´s from ´33 or ´34.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie