Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Photo Number 2322

This is an old Funeral Card.  I see them from time to time.  I purchased this one at the antique shop in Elizabeth Minnesota.
Mrs Evan Leithe Funeral Card Eliz ant
Mrs. Evan Leithe
Through a little research I found
Berthine Myhre Leithe
Born 1871 Died Jan 3 1928
She was married to Even Knute Leithe 1867-1956
Berthine may have also been known as Bertina.
They had at least three children. Mable Bertha Leithe Berquist 1895 –1979, Konow Leithe 1897-1897 and Evelyn Nellie Leithe 1909 – 2005.
I found this information at Find A Grave.  Berthine and Even are both buried at First Lutheran Cemetery Battle Lake Ottertail County Minnesota.
Now I will ask my readers a question: Do you think it is right for a Historical Society to make a statement like this?
Note: Provided courtesy of the Otter Tail County Historical Society (www.otchs.org), which has further information available in its research library and on its web site.
I called them once about another grave, I was told to submit my inquiry with a payment.. I thought that was rude.
Tomorrow I have a photo of Evelyn and another possible sibling.
Thanks for stopping by.

Dr Jeff translated the Danish Hymn:

Better I can not travel
than to travel to my God.
Better I can not answer
when I get the message of Death,
than that I am well prepared
and will gladly follow.
Better I can not rise
than moving into the kingdom of God.


This Funeral Card went Full Circle 175 on Jan 2 2019

5 comments:

  1. http://www.memorialobituaries.com/memorials/memorials.cgi?action=Obit&memid=155322&clientid=flint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know my point of view. I guess I come at it from an entirely different angle, being part of a Society for which such research helps fund our budget (a little).

    However, considering someone posted that "further information available" teaser on the Find A Grave site--a volunteer-driven site--it does seem a bit like someone is commandeering a free site to advertise their (paid) services. It's one thing to advertise on one's own website or other affiliated resource (ours is posted on the library's website as well as our own Society's). Quite another to catch a free ride at someone else's expense--and then expect you to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all for a Historical Society making money just not off of a volunteer site:(

      Delete
  3. I find it interesting that the poem is a verse from an old Danish hymn :) It's still in the Norsk salmebok. Google translate:

    Better I can not travel
    than to travel to my God.
    Better I can not answer
    when I get the message of Death,
    than that I am well prepared
    and will gladly follow.
    Better I can not rise
    than moving into the kingdom of God.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie