Sunday, April 5, 2015

Photo Number 1870

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.
Group gathered DL antiques
A group gathered for a meal.  Everyone is all dressed up to!
I think this is probably a foreign photo.
Group gathered DL antiques back
Perhaps someone can translate.
I hope you all have a Happy Easter!  Today I am cooking for family, I am expecting 16 + people.

Update from LarsI
This is Norwegian. My interpretation, and translation:

"Fra konfirmasjonen" = "From the confirmation" (the Christian initiation ritual -- probably a familiy dinner after the event in Church)
"Jeg står nede ved" = "I'm standing at the bottom next to" (meaning at the end of the table, next to)
"Ole og Einar" = "Ole and Einar" (given names)
"Agnes(?) og Henry" = "Agnes and Henry (given names)
"Brekelie(?) m/fru" = "Brekelie with wife" (Brekelie is then familiy name, but sounds a bit strange, probably I'm reading it wrong)
"tante Jenny" = "Aunt Jenny"

6 comments:

  1. This is Norwegian. My interpretation, and translation:
    "Fra konfirmasjonen" = "From the confirmation" (the Christian initiation ritual -- probably a familiy dinner after the event in Church)
    "Jeg står nede ved" = "I'm standing at the bottom next to" (meaning at the end of the table, next to)
    "Ole og Einar" = "Ole and Einar" (given names)
    "Agnes(?) og Henry" = "Agnes and Henry (given names)
    "Brekelie(?) m/fru" = "Brekelie with wife" (Brekelie is then familiy name, but sounds a bit strange, probably I'm reading it wrong)
    "tante Jenny" = "Aunt Jenny"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking for sixteen? Then your photograph of today's meal will capture a memory much the same as this.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqi, I am tired now, we had three tables and I was too busy to take photos:)

      Delete
  3. She left a lot of folks unidentified!

    I think Brekelie looks like Backelin to me. There are a few Backelin's in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you for having 16 people over! I hope they appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie