Friday, February 14, 2014

Photo Number 1488

This is a photo from Craig’s Collection.
Harley Mother and Father CP
The photo is marked simply Harley ?? Husby – Mother + Father
The photographer was Bodens Studio Oceola Iowa.
Harley Mother and Father CP
I know one of the blog readers Larry is from Iowa..and his parents lived in the Oceola area. Maybe he knows these people..that would be a long shot…but hey it is Valentines Day and I thought they looked like a happy comfortable with each other couple!
Happy Valentines Day!

Update: This is John and Ellen Miller, Harleys Mother and Father.  John is also in Photo Number 1161 

John D Miller, (b. May 1868 d. 1951 buried in Maple Hill Cemetery, Osceola, Iowa) married Ellen A, (b. Feb 1869 d. ) and had son, Harley H (b. 11 Jan 1892 d. ) - John and Ellen moved to Oakland, Boone, Nebraska by 1920 and back to Valley, Polk, Iowa in 1930. Harley Herbert Miller appears to have married a Mary G. By 1930, they had an extensive family of at least 5 children and were living in Cedar Rapids, Boone, Nebraska. By the time of the WWII draft (post 1940), the Harley Miller's were living in Nampa, Canyon, Idaho.

6 comments:

  1. I am finding a lot of Hasley people but none buried in the Osceola area. I can't seem to find any buried in nearby counties, but most of the Find a Grave does require relatives to put them in the file. You have me looking yet I just got started

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, if you check your 1161 blog, Harley is the first name of Harley Miller. I think the couple is in that group photo but I am not very good with facial similarities. I do know Millers in the area in Osceola and may send them to your website.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Larry I went back and got the information. Yes that is John in both photos:)

      Delete
  2. I deleted my last comment because I was all wrong. The above photo must be John and Carrie Miller. The note on the photo must have meant (Harley his mother and father}. So far I have found Harley and his wife Mary buried in Osceola and that would be the third generation of picture 1161 and you don't have a photo of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that meant Harley as a first name. Thankfully, you have the Small World effect working in your favor.

    I was wondering if this was a special anniversary portrait. Perfect choice for a Valentine's Day post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two different sets of Millers that I will contact. One of them I road the bus to school with for all my years and the other is a blog person I know from the Murray, Iowa area. I will be checking in the Murray Centennial book to see if Millers bought a page in it. I have learned a lot more from Find a Grave because of this photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie