Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Photo Number 1458

This is a Real Photo Postcard from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Aunt Ruth nelson DL Antiques

A lovely gown with very intricate trim…and it has a small apron.  I wonder what color the dress was…grey maybe although I hope it was blue.

Aunt Ruth nelson DL Antiques back

Best Wishes from “Rufus”   Then on the other side it says Aunt Ruth Nelson who most likely was called “Rufus.”

It is a Cyko Postcard that was used from 1904 into the 1920’s.  I thin this one is probably from 1905 to 1915 because of her hair style and large bow.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come againSmile

5 comments:

  1. My guess - and it is a shot in the dark as there are 20-30 possible Ruth Nelson's:

    Ruth Anderson Nelson (Jan. 22, 1898 in Perley, Norman County, Minnesota - Mar. 11, 1972 in Rochester, Olmsted County, Minnesota)

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=79856448

    According to Find A Grave she had no "surviving" children (she had plenty of nephews and nieces).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you, Intense Guy, this morning as I read news on The Blaze. I was directed to a blog I know that you could contribute to:

      http://amandareddyphotography.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-girl-maymes.html?m=1#!/2014/01/my-girl-maymes.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you Maybelline - what a fascinating find! A treasure trove of old postcards! I appreciate you sending me over there!

      Delete
    3. Just think, we may have had a hand in a very interesting story. The Blaze should hit this sight for a bounty of great images and stories to match. Fun stuff.

      Delete
  2. It is a lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie