Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Photo Number 1385

This is a photograph from the antique shop in Moorhead Minnesota.
Orville Bartle and Belle Hird Moorhead antiques
The photographer was Ravel  in Edgeley ND
Orville Bartle and Belle Hird Moorhead Antiques back
Orville Bartle    Belle Hird
I wonder what their story is?
I have some photographs of their relatives…grandson maybe?  I will present them tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)
Update from Iggy:
I suspect this is an engagement photo. Orville Pasco Bartle (1882-1968) married Mertel Belle Hird (1889-1963) They were married March 10 of 1909. 


They had at least one son, William P Bartle (1926 - 2003) and family still living in Edgeley, ND.
Update:  They had one daughter and five sons, Leroy, Kenneth, Glen, Leland and William. All four brothers died before William in 2003. William married Pearl Hirth Bartle (1926 to 2005) they had an infant son that died. 
This photo went Full Circle 79 on December 30, 2013

8 comments:

  1. Handsome couple and fortunate that their names appear on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect this is an engagement photo. Orville Pasco Bartle (1882-1968) married Mertel Belle Hird (1889-1963)

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=16782328
    and
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=16782302

    They had at least one son, William P Bartle (1926 - 2003) and family still living in Edgeley, ND.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds!
    I like their names, which are not common to me.
    Let's see what tomorrow will bring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet photograph--especially like the frame!--but somehow they seem so wistful.

    Cheers for Iggy finding their identity and tracking their family. Hopefully, a full circle report coming up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I also commented on the pictures of the school children, as I am the granddaughter of Max Hird. The writing on these pictures is also my grandmother's (Barbara Hird, nee Ellingson, as confirmed by my Aunt Jeri on the other pictures.) and if you are looking to reunite these pictures with family members I would love to have them as well. If I'm not mistaken, Belle Hird was Max's aunt. William would have been named after her grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mailed this photo to Erin in Colorado on December 17, 2013

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie