Thursday, April 18, 2013

Photo Number 1197

This is an old snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Large Family Photo Dyersville Iowa DL Antiques

This photo was taken near Dyersville Iowa.  Must have been a family get together that included a dog!  I think those are Model T’s in the background.  I would date this photo to the 1920’s sometime.

Dyersville Iowa..the name should have rung a bell with me..it was the scene of a famous Iowa movie and one of my favorites..can you guess which one? 

Here is the link.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. This is a great photo to study. I double-clicked to enlarge it and enjoyed seeing the faces, haircuts, body sizes, clothes, "the dog," and even noticing that there was only one person who had on eyeglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a church group to me. Are those "baptizing" robes?

    If anyone in the photo were my family - I would love to have this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That man toward the center may have on a robe..I have never seen a "Baptizing robe". Interesting concept! :)

      Delete
    2. http://www.discipleshistory.org/study-guides/baptism shows something like what I mean...

      Delete
    3. I don't believe the subject I. The center is wearing a robe. In fact, I don't see any robes. Furthermore, the subject in the center appears to be an old woman.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photo!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie