Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photo Number 998

Here is another Cabinet Card from Craig.
Julia Daniels Cabinet Card Craig
Starr is the photographer  at 210 N. Eighth St. Philadelphia.  The lady is wearing a celluloid hair clip, glasses, a locket and a frothy looking gown.  I will guess that this photo is from around 1895.
Julia Daniels Cabinet Card Craig back
We know now that she had blue eyes and light brown hair.
  Her name was Julia A Daniels Later Mrs. Edw. S. Buckalew.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again.

I am approaching 1,000 photos real fast ..hardly seems possible.  I will restart my numbering system and just add an A ..unless someone has a better idea:)
Update from Iggy:
Julia A Buckalew (b. Jan 1868 in Pennsylvania) married Edward S., a train conductor in 1895.

The couple had daugher Myrtle (b. Oct 1896 d. 25 Mar 1901) and son Edward F. (b. 7 May 1903 d. 5 May 2001 in Ontario, San Bernardino, California) 

8 comments:

  1. She has an ordinary look, yet she's still an elegant beauty.

    Numbering? This is a lot of numbers, but if you do year, month, day, and then A,B... you can always sort if you need to.

    Example: today's and tomorrow's pics would be: 20120920A, 20120920B (if you have 2 pics today) and tomorrow's would be 20120921.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly enjoy you sharing the old forgotten photos, Connie. I love her hair clip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand. What's wrong with 1000, 1001, 1002?

    Mrs. Buckalew was a local gal. I'll have to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is wrong with the larger numbers..and I will keep on with them just like I have been..thanks for the input:)

      Delete
  4. Julia A Buckalew (b. Jan 1868 in Pennsylvania) married Edward S., a train conductor in 1895.

    The couple had daugher Myrtle (b. Oct 1896 d. 25 Mar 1901) and son Edward F. (b. 7 May 1903 d. 5 May 2001 in Ontario, San Bernardino, California)

    There is a family tree in Ancestry.Com

    http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/32882435/person/18375521665

    that already shows this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this one will be a candidate for a really fast Full Circle trip, thanks to all that information and Iggy's discovery!

    I like the numbering system the way it is! Kind of gives a sense of accomplishment to see how many orphan photos you are rescuing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so much like my neighbor across the street that it's downright uncanny.

    Iggy does it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen that sort of mantle in other photographs and I think it is a fancy sort of cape. I do not know how well it provided warmth.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie