Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Photo Number 937

This is a snapshot of a cat in a child’s high chair.  It made me smile ..how about you?

Cat in High Chair DL Antiques

It is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Yesterday I got a large very heavy package delivered to my door.  It made me smile.Several hundred  photos

Forgotten Old Photo reader Craig from California has tried to find homes for these photos without much luck.  They all have names on them.  There are well over 200 photos in the box. I will try to get some scanned soon.  The ones in the blue folder are very interesting so they will be our first mystery.   I am working and have many commitments this summer so free time is almost non existent.  Thanks Craig for mailing them!  Hopefully we ( my readers and I) can help find some homes for them.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

9 comments:

  1. Lovely cat photo!
    As for the box, what a wonderful surprise, it looks like a lot of scanning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you giggle! What an intriguing photo, the homesteading kat.

    And wowsers! Look at all those photos!!! I'm thankful reader Craig sent them all to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know I love the cat photo - how cute!

    Very nice to get all those great old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! A California connection. I'm excited to help solve any puzzles from my state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty funny picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo and such a cooperative cat. It's especially nice with that sparse background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We find Big Funny Kat in the 1927 Tuna Census, which show him born in (1840, 1856, 1871, 1882, 1899, 1904, 1916, 1922 (having died in Spanish Flu epidemic) and his ninth and final birth in 1923) He lived in Walnut Grove, Minnesota, but the family is later shown living in Burr Oak, Iowa where Big Funny Kitty married Kitty Glamore, a Saloon rat catcher.

    Find-a-grave shows he had no headstone, but rather went over the Rainbow Bridge to the place all good pets go when their time on Earth is at end sometime during 1944 in De Smet, South Dakota, at the ripe age of 21 human years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poor kitty must have been a little someone's very patient pet!

    So glad to hear of your box of treasures from California. And with names! Wonder how many will find their way home here, too. Like Maybelline, I'll be happy to provide any help I can to find homes back here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. About a year ago my brother received an email from Craig about these pictures in the box. In his email he states "I have found several photos from the collection of Belle True Griffin (Mrs. Henry Griffin.) They include Sally Griffin, Willis Griffin, Lydia Griffin Wertz and husband, Josephine Griffin Wilson and husband." Willis is my Great Grandfather and the rest are Great Aunts and Uncles. Do you still have the photos? If so is there a way that I might obtain them?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie