Sunday, May 6, 2012

Photo Number 867

This is a CdV from the third Antique Shop in Dorset Minnesota. 

Cdv man with bold tie Dorset 3rd Shop

We know nothing about this gentleman.  I bought the photo because I liked his fat tie. I also noted that just the top button on his coat was fastened.  So now I can place that along with the fat tie and stand up collar in the early 1880’s.  This CdV also has rounded corners which points to the 1880’s and later.

W. E. Nelson was a photo artist in Lake City, Minnesota from 1882 to 1883.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

1 comment:

  1. Distinguished is what comes to my mind. That and I don't think I want to "mess with him".

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie