Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Photo Number 408

I have a few different kinds of photos for a few days..cleaning up some files..getting ready for the New Year.

Squaw Lake Minnesota This is a little town in Itasca County..that had a population of 99 in the 2000 census.  It’s claim to fame is “The Avenue of the Pines.”  This is a real photo postcard. Probably from the 1930’s. 

Squaw Lake Minnesota

The sign says “Smokers Be Careful” ..the rest of it is hard to read but I bet that it says Chippewa National Forest under the emblem.

I cannot recall that I have ever been on this road..if I was ..it was a long time ago.  This may be a great road trip for next summer..it is about a two hour drive from where we live. I bought this card in an Antique Shop near Laporte, Minnesota.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. What a great site. You are doing a good job saving all this great pictures for the future.

    Regards
    from Sweden
    Alfredo Larosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can (almost) smell the gentle warm summer breeze blowing the pine scent across the road.

    The road looks paved - I bet a bunch of folks drove down it to go fishing in the lake or have a picnic.

    I want to join 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for you 2011 photo's
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do get to travel this road with Chance and Far Guy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie