Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Photo Number 375

Gouple  and Child group Royalton Antique Shop

This must be a family.. Father and Mother and child. We have many extremes here between the mothers many finger waves and that one “out of place” pin curl ( it must have been very in fashion) and the little girls haircut with the lopped off bangs. The Mothers flapper style dress with a single string of pearls..and the little girls bared shoulders in some kind of frothy creation, which I see as seafoam green..because I see the little girl as a red head. What do you see?

This is a photo with no markings other than the photographer who was Chris Raven of Wadena, Minnesota.  He was in business from 1912 to 1914, and then during 1918 and 1922.  I will pick the 1922 date for this photograph, I believe it is a good fit for the 1920’s.  Photographers often moved from place to place..at least in Minnesota. Apparently photography was a hard business to become established in, but these young men and women kept trying.  I purchased this photo in an Antique Shop in Royalton, Minnesota.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

13 comments:

  1. I wonder if those owl-like glasses will ever come back in style! I kind of hope they do and don't.

    I coud see your colors... Maybe someone could "photoshop them up" just to see what they look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are awesome! And the girl is sooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how much the style of mens dress fashion hasn't hardly changed in a hundred years, especially compared to what has gone in and out of vogue for women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am often bothered by old photos I see languishing in second hand shops. How delightful that you are rescuing such as these.

    This one made me laugh for as a young girl I had that haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also say 20s. My grandfather had those same glasses. :-) It's odd that the little girl has an off the shoulder wrap or dress. It just seems so...adult.

    Norkio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!Interested in photos? Check out my blog with pictures from my modeling:)

    www.vilde-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that frame. And I'm fascinated by the "frock" the little girl is wearing. I'm thinking it might have been a photographer's prop dress. I remember having to wear an off the shoulder odd black thing at the photo studio when I got my senior picture taken. I don't think I've ever seen a child from that time period wearing anything so revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Very big work and very beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah, what a fun blog. has a certain feel about it. so glad blogger recommended it as a "blog of note"

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi,
    this photo is awesome, but apprently i think the childhood is taken aaway from the child

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing job you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see old black and white photos. I posted my picture in black and white on my profile on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie