Saturday, May 22, 2010

Photo Number 202

This is a photo all the way from Boston, Mass. I cannot make out the Photographers name.._____ and Co. That is it for this lovely little photo, the entire card is 2 3/4 inches by 4 inches.  The photo itself is 1 inch by 1 1/2 inch..it is very tiny.  I wonder how it traveled all the way to Minnesota? In a trunk, on a train, in a buckboard or buggy?   I will guess that this photo was taken around 1910.  I purchased this photo in an Antique Shop in Park Rapids, Minnesota. There are no names on this photo.
It seems to me that  people wore dark colors in photos until 1900.  Then in about 1910 they switched and white or light colored clothing became more fashionable for women to be photographed in.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

2 comments:

  1. She is very pretty. Amazing, and a little sad, to think how clothing has changed in 100 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to think a lover carried it on the long trip.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie