Sunday, March 14, 2010

Photo Number 133

A wonderful photo of a young couple.  I was intrigued with this gals dress..and all the little pom-pom  things hanging from her dress.. I wonder if this was their wedding photo?

The photographer is C A Baklund of Willmar, Minn.  He was a photographer there from 1892 to 1895, then again in the years 1900, 1904, 1906 and 1912.  It seems as if some photographers wandered in and out of the business..doing other things for awhile to make ends meet.  I will guess that this one was taken sometime after 1900.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine being the one to sew all those pom poms on that dress. I noticed that he is sitting and she is standing. Typical of the poor women back then. The man always took precedence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding Rae's comment above, I don't deny that women were not given proper respect in those days, but in this case I really believe that the woman standing, male seated was for practical purposes so that there heads would be in the same frame.....the other way around there would be far too much distance between for a proper portrait.....just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful couple!! ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing Edwardian - post 1900 as well. That collar on her dress was popular post turn of the century.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie