Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Photo Number Fifty-Six


I call this one "Boy with Gun"..do you suppose he grew up to be a police officer?  Anyway.. I like his cap pistol..and it looks to me like he had a badge or a holster off to the left.   He has a little bit of a cow-lick..I will venture to guess that this photo was taken in the late 1950's.  My brother had one of these haircuts..I believe they were called a "heinie"..with your hair all sheared off..versus a "Butch" where they left a little more on top. My brother wore a cap for a long time..this little boy seems comfortable with his haircut.

Thanks for stopping by!  Do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. Cute little guy--so innocent looking, but packing heat! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little boy looks so much like Nalley and his brothers (who were born in 1950's). In fact, we recd. a card from Nalley's mom today with a snapshot of Nalley and his brothers pulling guns on one another!!! Brotherly love at its finest!
    I love this guy's haircut - he's cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if he had on a little holster that just doesn't show in the picture. It looks like he's holding a second gun possibly. What a cute little boy. Makes you wonder who he grew up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He kind of has a Dennis the Menace look about him. Wonder if he was a mischief maker like most little boys at that age. It is a sweet photo. As a grownup I bet he would love to see this now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After zooming in closely, it does appear that he is holding something--as Norkio wondered about a holster, I think that is what is in his right hand--I can barely make out what seems to be embossed vinyl/leather that was common on the toy holsters. In the zoom, it appears he has a black belt that is probably part of the holster gear; there is also a badge next to his right hand.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie