Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Photo Number Fifty-Five



Another bow tie kind of guy..this one from a much earlier time. I love this guys hair..it seems to have a life of it's own.  I think this is a farm kid..all dressed up in his best duds..who knows?
I will date this one about 1900..I am not getting any better at these dates..and I do so appreciate your input and help with the dates!
This was taken  by DW Bolton at Northwood, IA  I couldn't find out anything about the photographer.
Thanks for dropping by!  Come back again:)

9 comments:

  1. The date may even be a little later. Maybe 1915 - 1925. His hairstyle parted down the middle and clothes remind me of old photos of my father-in-law and how he looked in 1922. He is a good looking kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was women's clothing I could guess but I know nothing about men's fashions. Good looking boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So handsome, but I really want to comb his hair differently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that center part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely charming photo. He looks like an ancestor of the Jonas brothers, at least the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a picture of my great aunt's wedding in November of 1904 and all the men's hair was parted down the middle like this. It must have remained 'fashionable' for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen that hair style in a couple of our early1900 photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this reference to ol' DW in the Annual report By the Iowa Highway Commission dated 1913 which lists payments made for supplies.

    "Dec. 22, Educational Department - D. W. Bolton, photo plates. $8.10"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you suppose the photographer..DW Bolton took scenic photos for the highway dept? $8.10 was quite a bit of money back in 1913:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie